01 July 2008

I'm Not Baking Vegan Cookies Anymore


So today I went to Bluemercury and bought myself the Trish McEvoy Classic Mini Planner and one Mini Page.

Now this is by far the best purchase of my life. If you notice the picture on the right (trust me it does not do it justice) it holds brushes and has a detachable see-thru kit as well as one for holding pencils. These both have Velcro backings. There is also a mesh zipper pocket that is held in binder style, much like the single page. The pages are plastic sheets that open to hold Trish's shadows, foundations, blushes, etc. The page is smooth and shiny but it is actually a magnet and that's how the products are held in. This is why I decided to start baking.

My friend Tatiana had once told me that there is a way to pry out the MAC shadows from their containers. One would do this to put them in a Pro Palette or turn in the empties for the MAC recycling program. I wanted to put them in my new Trish Page. After a few minutes using my boyfriend Google, I discovered that you can safely bake them in the oven. At this moment I have only 4 left to go. In three's they have gone on a cookie sheet, their lids open, and into a 350˚ oven for just a few minutes. Their sides melt away and their bellies pop up with the glue nice and pliable. Use a flat head screwdriver to help you get the little buggers out. If you want to know what colors are what I recommend peeling off the stickers while the containers are still warm and putting them on the back of the metal. The glue should still be sticky and the label should adhere to it easily.

I am on a roll and just had to spit out the info. I'll post a picture when I'm done.

No comments: