22 January 2009

Something Smells, Must Be The Man In The Room

I have never been one for men's cologne.

Wait, wait. Let me restate that. I have never been one for popular cologne's.

The word cologne is not attractive. Anything that ends -gne reminds me of things like foreign meats. Perfume, fragrance, essential oils...use any other noun and it sounds much more sophisticated. Cologne reminds me of Drakkar Noir (which I had no idea was by Guy Laroche) and other items eighth grade boys smell like. Men who wear "cologne" probably spray too much of it and once they do believe they have not spritzed enough.

Recently, I have changed my mind about "cologne". Changed in a way that I now like scents on men but only provided that they are unisex.

Here, a list of my favorites:
-Anything Le Labo
-Anything Dipytque, but only the eau de toilettes...specifically L'Ombre Dans L'Eau (based on the overly popular Baies candle)
-Fresh's Cannabis Santal and Cannabis Rose...yes, it smells good on men

AND THE #1 CHOICE (according to me)
AQUA DI PARMA Colonia.


This scent is popular and it's name is practically the word I have such disdain for. But for me..sigh, well...this scent is heaven. Don't judge my overuse of italics. It is for emphasis. It is also worn just behind the earlobes of an extremely attractive and amazing man I happen to know. Whether it be his natural pheromones or the power of the fragrance, Aqua di Parma has made me embrace the idea of a man wearing a scent. I mean if Cary Grant can wear it there need be no questions.

Like the L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, Aqua di Parma is unisex and has notes of bulgarian rose. I would drink if I thought it would be a good idea, but I am going to stick to Jack and Ginger's.

No comments: